1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe light kit for tractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fisher42, Sep 22, 2004.

1. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

I'm looking for a strobe kit that plugs into the headlights on lawn tractor. I have a John Deere LX266 that is used in the winter for clearing walks, etc. I've seen this strobe kit on someone elses lawn tractor, and it flashed in the headlights, but i don't know where to get this. any help would greatly be appreciated. -thanks
  2. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

i dont think you`ll find a specific set for the tractor.you can use a hideaway strobe light system if your tractor`s charging system can handle it..strobe lights dont draw alot of amps but depending on what else runs electrically,it may matter.find out what the charging system put`s out(amps) and then look at what you`ll be running like headlights,tailights etc and add up what everything draws(amps).that will give you an idea of how many hideaways you can run.you can find hideaway strobe kit`s for 1.2,3 and more lights depending on what your battery and charging system will handle.do a search here on strobes and you will find at least one member from this board that was selling set up`s. i bought one and am pleased with it,dont remember his name.there are some real cheap set ups out there too so be careful what you buy..a good 90 watt 4 head set up is around 200 dollars.i run an atv with a blade for my own driveway.because i use the winch to lift the blade i dont run the headlights and i wouldnt be able to put strobes on it as the charging system only puts out like 200 watts.. i live on a dead end so im safe running it..good luck
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  3. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

check e-bay for whelen strobe lights. if you want a more specific search you can search whelen csp690, csp660. e-bay has the cheapest prices around for them.
  4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Im not exactly sure if you saw a set of hideaways in the headlights or if you saw a traffic flasher, which does like a wig wag of the high beams on the headlights like on alot of emergency vehicals. If you could do it on a tractor but if you could it would be a lot cheaper then doing hideaways. You can get the flasher for like aroind 40 - 60 dollars and just have to wire it in. Check at www.galls.com and look under warning lights.