1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe LED or Rotating Halogen

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cfpd0707, Oct 22, 2009.

1. cfpd0707

cfpd0707 Member

2. Jaysled

Jaysled Member

I was looking at the second unit, it looks good but I thought the magnets looked like they would not hold it on very well. So I ended up purchasing a diffrent model.
  3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a code 3 420 which is pretty much the same as the first one and it is very bright day or night. I thoink you would like it better than the first one.
    But the rotators in the first one will be somewhat noisy if they have the fast rotators and you mount the light directly on your roof.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'd buy the rotator bar. Personally I am not a fan of the off brand led makers. If you have the radio on while plowing and you have the rotator bar mounted to your roof, you won't notice it to much unless you are just sitting and after a while you won't even hear it.
  5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Between those 2, go with the rotator. That LED has cheapo written all over it. For a good modern LED mini bar, plan to spend around 4 bills. LED's are definitely far less irritating after along night plowing, you don't notice the reflection as much, and they're silent in operation, unlike rotators. Also, LED's draw a lot less current than rotators saving more juice for other equipment (heater fan, plow, spreader, etc.).
  6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Go to Galls.com and look in the Clearance section...You'll find their brand which is actually a Federal or Code 3 for the same price.

Rotator by far..hey you'll have the motor noise but you'll know when it's on!

That LED is Chineese Junk...
  7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

4 bills for a mini??????

I got a top of the line Whelen for $300.
  9. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

i can get responders for under 250
  10. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

Please tell me more!! I like the sound of that!
  11. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

they are teh con3's for $240 CAD
  12. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

Where can I find this... or can't I?
  13. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

are you interested? they are not the linear heads, but the con3 style...
  14. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

To be honest, I've always bought cheap lights before so I'm not sure if the con3 would be good enough or if I should go lin. I had my mind made up to get the sho-me able2 because of the price & it seemed to be pretty bright. Now after hearing this I may have to change my mind. I realize I'm comparing strobe to led but can anyone give an opinion about which would be better? I've always liked the look of the responder but thought they were out of range.
  15. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

16. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

Thanks for the help- any opinions on the con3's? Do you have one yourself?
  17. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

I do not have one, but would love one. the con3 is probably one of the best. Its brighter then the linear, and its cheaper. Unless you need the linear, which you dont on a 360 bar, i would recomend the con3. well, christmas is coming up, i see that your pretty lucky, and i think that as a friendly gift, you should send me one to try :D lol ps. i do ahve whelen lights, tir3's and tir6's which are on my atv seen in my sig
  18. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I don't like magnets, they leave rust rings if left on the truck to long.
  19. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

you can just put a piece of vinyl under it...
  20. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I would normally go with the LED one but it looks pretty cheaply made. Although I just bought a cheap light and it does fine for what I need it for so it may be worth a shot.