1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe kits!! wireless and standard kits??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ACA L&L, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

http://www.sirennet.com/hk6c.html

http://www.centralparts.com/Accesso...e-Kits/Ecco-Long-Hide-A-LED-Clear-Lens/20319/

So we are adding a mini light bar (wheelen) and need some direction for a hidden strobe kit. We really have zero experience with installing one, nor do i have any knowledge about them other than what i have read here on plowsite. One of these is wirless, I assume they have some that include 4 lights, but how would u control them? Did not see that, just that they did not require a main box. Maybe they all run to cab and u use a controller?

The other one is a standard 6 strobe kit, I would probably go for a 4 corner strobe kit, but any direction would be awesome. Thanks everyone.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

4 is all you need, pm me if you want me to tell you how to install them, its fairly easy.

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

There isn't any way you could have a wireless HAW strobe. Strobes crave power! LOL. The LEDs have built in drivers that control the current.

If you decide to go with strobes, spend the extra green to get a kit with weatherproof connectors on the exterior connections.

What kind of truck is it?

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

04 dodge 2500 and o7 ford 250 super duty

5. SafetyLighting

What sort of plowing will be done? If you will be backing out of driveways or will be on the roadside a lot, I would go with a 6 head kit; two in the front, 4 in the rear.

6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

all commercial lots. alot of traffic in half of lots. zero residential.

7. SafetyLighting

Ok, so you would prolly be ok with just the four corners.

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Thanks for the advice, I will be tackling this soon, along with a set of clearance lights. Never installed strobes or lights for that matter before.......this could be interesting....