1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe kits replace...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lazerslicer, Jan 4, 2007.

1. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

Do the strobe kits that guys get just replace the turn signal lights to get them to flash or does it just make the existing lights flash........This would be in regards to the flashings headlights signal lights and brake lights????? Or do i just not know what im talking about? Im looking to put some strobes on my truck but not sure how much work it entales....i've looked over the whelan web sight so i figured u guys could give me some info....
  2. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

it is a whole seperate kit that you need.

check that out and you'll see what i'm talking about
  3. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Strobe kits you drill a 1" hole in the back of the fixture and then the strobe bulb is put in that hole. Not very hard to hook up. You don't even mess with the original bulb or wiring. I just put a 6 bulb system on my truck took about 2 hours.

Wigwag use the existing light bulb like the headlights on a squad car.

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

It is very easy me and a buddy put a four way in my ford in about 2hours and a :12 pack.:eek: :D :drinkup:
  5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Installed 4 and killed 12. Couldn't have a better day, unless there was snow with it. Then it would be a totaly wicked awesome day.
  6. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

Thankx alot guys for the info
  7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

They are pretty simple, but it took me 2hr's to figure out where I wanted to mount the power supply. Rest of the job went fairly easy, make sure you get at least (2) 20' wires instead of the normal 15' ones they sell with the kits. Check out strobesnmore.com