1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Kit won't work HELP!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jmassi, Nov 6, 2006.

1. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

:help: All right, what gives? :confused: Or what did I do wrong? I just installed my new strobe kit yesterday and when I flip the switch, nothing. I have a Whelen 60W 6 head power supply w/4 strobes. Got it all wired in and I went to turn the strobes on and nothing happens.:realmad: With my test light, I tested for power. I have power going to the power supply, and when i flip each switch on the corresponding control wire has power also. I ran power and ground all the way to the battery. and put an inline fuse on the power feed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!:drinkup:

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

You got me, call whelen tech support, they were very helpfull when I called them.

Good Luck Mike

3. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

It works!!:D :bluebounc I called Whelen tech support and he told me to unplug each of the cables and see if it starts working. If not then I could possibly have a bad ps. I unplugged each cable and nothing. So I unplugged all 4 then started putting them in one at a time. When I plugged the first on in, it started working!! Don't know how or why but who cares, as long as it works!!:drinkup:

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

That is great, whelen tech support is pretty good.

Regards Mike