1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe issue?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dacv01, Jan 26, 2016.

1. dacv01

dacv01 Junior Member

So due to things i couldnt control this year, I am not using my new Superduty for plowing. I have an issue with my current plow truck. It is a Chevy, and has hideaway strobes, as well as a roof mounted LED strobe light. The LED strobe works fine. The hideaways however are acting very strange. When i flip the switch they come on for anywhere from 2- 30 seconds. Then they stop. Sometimes they come on while driving. or when i drop the blade or close a door. Or when the truck is sitting they start flashing. Any ideas?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

any pics?
    as this is the pic section.:waving:

3. rookie10

rookie10 Junior Member

Strobe pack? We had an ambulance that the strobes would act funny. If you tapped it with your hand it would d
    start working.

4. dacv01

dacv01 Junior Member

i will try and get a picture ASAP. and truthfully im not sure, i did not install any of the strobes in the truck im just stuck using it. but its strange sometimes movement from the truck turns them on, or if i turn on the rear dome light on with the button the strobes start. very strange

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

lol, this is the pic section.:waving:

the help section & repairs is below along with a section just for strobes and warring lights.

and where are my manners, welcome to plowsite.

6. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Ground or strobe pack, but my money is on bad or loose ground.