1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe install

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blueline38, Oct 28, 2008.

1. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

For any professional or semi-professional installers out there I have a question. I have a Whelen 690 strobe power supply. I have installed it before and ran seperate wires for the multiple function. ie, strobes 1+2, strobes 3-6, hi/low and pattern change. I believe that these are all low power turn on leads, as there is a battery connection in addition to the switch leads, so is it possible to just run a 3 or 6 wire strobe cable from these leads to the switches or will a standard strobe cable be too small of a guage? Thanks for the help in advance!

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

ask matt from BlueLine

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We use the Strobe Wire, from the Power Supply to the swiches and have never had a problem

4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Strobe cable is plenty big enough.

5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

i figured it was, thanks for the input! I plan to put switches up in the panel above the mirror and don't want to run a mess of several wires!