1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Install ?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Lee-Way, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

Crew cab chevy..

Where in the world did you mount the power supply?

I have 15 ft cables and that's not long enough to mount it behind the back seat.

2. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

All I had was 15' cables and I was able to mount my pwr supply behind the back seat drv side with only having to splice the cable that connected to the front pass. strobe. If you go from your drv side front strobe straight through the fire wall down the kick panel, under the thresh hold of both doors and up behind the rear seat you should have enough cable left over to use to splice onto the shorter cable. Just snip it and match the colors back up.
  3. Rotator911

Rotator911 Junior Member

I mounted 2 rpm 90x6 ps under left rear seat and ran the cables through the floor and up the frame rails to the lights and had pleanty of cable
  4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I was just going to comment about the compartment under the rear seat but you beat me to it. :salute:
  5. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

I'll get at it in the morning.

One more question: Where did you enter the cab for the back cable?

Thanks guy's
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I install mine under the rear seat. I cut the carpet and drilled a inch hole in the floor. I used wire loom the whole length of the cable and silconed around the one inch hole. Send me a email and I will email you some pictures. flykelley930@mac.com
    Put strobes in the subject line.

Good Luck Mike
  7. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

Under the rear seat is were I ended up putting it. I had to go to napa and get some wire to add to it.

Thanks for all the help guy's

8. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I came right through the fresh air vent, no need to drill through any metal on the cab. It's kind of tricky to do but it can be done, if you want details let me know.
  9. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

I got them working.

Thanks for all the help.

20' cables would have been easier.
  10. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Just in case anyone needs longer cables in the future
    www.strobenmore.com has cables up to 25 feet and also sells bulk cable to make your own however long you need.Prices on the cables are pretty reasonable.
  11. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Just to clarify there is a typo in your URL here is the correct web address: www.strobesnmore.com
  12. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

yep,thanks for pointing that out,hard to see through these crazy eyes:dizzy: lol