1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Install Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lodogg89, Feb 1, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i purchased the SOS Hideaway strobe kit from rcpd34 on the board. Their is a purple wire coming out of the control box for a high/low flash option. Did you guys use this at all or not?? not sure of i should run it to the switch or just ignore it.

2. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

It's totally up to you, its just going to put you strobes on low power so there not as bright. I personaly wire them up but I rarely if ever use it. If you don't its just another wire and switch you won't have to install.

3. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

I didn't use mine. Just cut if off and tie it up. Why would you want them to be not as bright? The brighter the better!

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I never hooked mine up either. I want them as bright as can be. I plow a lot of accounts on US 31 in Grand Haven, Michigan and I want to be seen.

Ryan

5. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Its more for at night so that people are so blinded that they crash.