1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe install on my truck

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bike5200, Nov 24, 2007.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Got around to install strobes on my truck. The holes where cut in the Utility Bed and the light where install in the rear. Angled the lights to match the angle of the ladder racks on the truck.
    The lights in the front where a standard Chevy install

PB210002 (Small).JPG

PB210003 (Small).JPG

PB210004 (Small).JPG

PB210009 (Small).JPG

2. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Next the wires where put in wire looms

PB210010 (Small).JPG

PB210011 (Small).JPG

3. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Welded a bracket on the slide rails of the drivers seat for the power supply. This bracket hold the power supply about 2 inches off the rubber mat

PB210013 (Small).JPG

4. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Here is a picture of my work truck. I would like to say thanks to Matt.

PB240016 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Good looking truck, looks great!! Looks like that mount style works great, I'll have to try it sometime. Nice work

6. big bird

big bird Senior Member

nice job i put my power box on the floor behind my seat :waving:

7. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Looks good, nice pictures. Personally I would of gone with a pair of round strobes to match the STT, and backup lights. Any reason you went with that particular style?

8. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I looked at the round, would have not been able to stack it on top of other two lights because of the ladder racks. Since I was going to offset the light I went with oval. Was planning on using oval with grommet type mounting, but changed to the flange mounting. Sometimes I put a lot of material on the ladder racks and wanted to keep the hole small since it is where the ladder racks mount to the utility bed.

Steve

9. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Finished my install a while back, finally got around to taking some pictures. Used the Aux. Lamp switch in the dash to supply power. This will act as a master switch turning everything on or off. Put three more switches in, see picture. The one on the left is for the front strobes, the one on the right is the back strobes, the middle switch is for the low power mode. The other picture is of the wiring at the box under the drivers seat. :drinkup::drinkup:

P2090002 (Medium).JPG

P2090004 (Medium).JPG

10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

if it was possible the round would have looked best....the linear strobes on the angle like that, however, look just as good

11. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

nice lookin rig. Did you put hideaways in the front?

12. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Put clear bulbs in the front :drinkup::drinkup: