1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe install on 08 ram

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Plower845, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

I jusrt got another 2 bulbs for my front headlights and have a question. A few months ago i installed 2 bulbs in my reverse lights, drilled the holes ran wires no problem. Now i have to do the fronts and i got a little scared to drill the headlights. I want to put them in the same houseing that the parking lights are but im pretty sure there r 2 layers of plastic. How have you guys installed them into the headlight??

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

If the head light assembly is like my 07 what I did was drill a larger hole thru the exterior plastic shell then drilled the proper size hole for the led / strobe unit then assembled and then get a plastic or metal plug / cap to fit the outter shell hole make a small hole to run wires thru and then seal it up with silicone NOTE this is where and how I did mine back in 07 and I have not had any problems and my LED Strobe heads, and mine are in the headlights
    Hope this helps

3. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

I drilled into just outter shell.I will post pics tomorrow.

4. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

That would be great thanks.

5. AA+ Landscaping

I drilled in right next to the turn signal light bulb. The picture with it flashing (2nd picture) doesn't do it justice, it looks great. I put the strobe light where it is because I didn't want to see it just in case I would ever sell the vehicle.

Headlamp.jpg

Headlight.jpg

6. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

So when you say you just drilled into the outter shell, you mean that you didnt drill the chrome inside the lights?

7. AA+ Landscaping

YES its just behind the turn single lens.Pull the turn bulb out and look at my pic you will see.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  8. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Heres mine,its an 08 also

plow pics 004.JPG

9. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

I dropped the headlight off at a shop to get drilled, I had them off with the bit on my drill then i got scared b/c if i cracked something or messed something up those headlights arent cheap. They charged me 40 to drill the holes and install the bulb, so for 40 bucks i couldnt go wrong