1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Flasher

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by born2farm, Oct 10, 2011.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I was told that you can make any LED light flash with a flasher. Is this true? I have a few 6in oval LED that I would like to wire up to use for volunteer fire response. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a flasher unit. I might need two of them as I am looking to run eight of the oval lights.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes, halogen flasher and led flashers will flash leds. Some halogen flasher are big enough and you won't need 2 of them. Look into the sound off led flashers. The sho-me ones are nice, but they are chaper and don't work on just any led light.

3. born2farm

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Sho-Me makes a great LED flasher that runs about $25. PM me if you need more info.

Brian

5. cosgo

cosgo Member

R & P carriages (you can find them on ebay) have them for about $18-20

6. stevehawk23

stevehawk23 Junior Member
    from CT

MOST led lights will only work with a flasher if they have a steady burn option. I know for sure this is the case with whelen lights. If the lights will not steady burn, a flasher will not do you any good.

7. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I believe the ones he has does not have its own flasher which is why he needs one. It Only has steady burn.

8. born2farm

I got a flasher unit from rcpd34 and it works flawlesly. I hooked it up to some standard 6in oval led lights. Have four in the grill for now. Great guy to deal with and a great product.

9. Ultra Strobe

Ultra Strobe Member

Sho-Me LED Flasher

Ultra Strobe has the flasher you need and i have them on clearance for $9.95
    Part# 11.1005SF
    Local 815-479-1717
    Toll Free 877-287-4148
    www.ultrastrobe.com
    sales@ultrastrobe.com