1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stripping a plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 2003ctd, Nov 10, 2009.

1. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Can any chicago guys, recommend a place that can either sand blast or chemically strip a plow?

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

A place that sprays in bed-liners would probably do it. Linex place by me will do it for a couple hundred or is included if it was to be sprayed with liner.

3. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Try astro-blast on Green st. in Bensenville, a little East of Victory Auto,On the North side of the street. Tom

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

WOW...read the title and thought you were gonna put up a vid of some hot girl stripping around a plow......lol

5. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

LOL you might be on to something!!

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok could not help with this one its not a vid but.....

ali.jpg

7. hydro_37

from iowa

That's what I'm talking about....lol

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

talk about a high maintenance plow!

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

omg lmao!!!!!!!

10. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok its the wife but she does not look like that when we work all bundled up but she was thinking of this. Company colors..:laughing:

100_2561 (Medium).JPG

11. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Can any one help me on repainting my plow?

[I have a Sno-way 28v series plow about 6 yrs old and it is starting to look kinda bad and rusted. It works great and would like to repaint it , but all I see is touch up paint for it on the sno-way site. Has anyone repainted their plow lately and is there a "special paint that I need the body shop or whoever paints it to get for it. I could use any help for sure. Thank you in advance.
    Harold in Indpl.In

12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=48224

I used spray cans of Boss red and did it in garage. I wish I had bought a pint and sprayed it with a spray gun.

I am re-doing the front after only two seasons. The back still looks new.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  13. hydro_37

from iowa

Harold....I have the same plow and use a "hammered" paint in spray cans and then clear coat with a spray can over it.
    Looks great and will last all year.

14. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

15. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Plow painting??

So Hydro 37 >>>>what kinda of paint did you use on it? I'm not sure what hammered paint is and what color is that ? Did you sand blast it first? What kinda of clear coat did you use over it and where did you get it also. I'm lost on this stuff.
    Harold

16. hydro_37

from iowa

I got spray cans of Rustoleum (hammered) it is a black with Grey flake in it and almost matches the factory color. I just sanded it a bit so the paint sticks good. Got a clear coat that works over enamel paint. Got it all from Mills Fleet Farm. Any tractor supply store or even Wally World has it.

If yours is rusted badly I would pressure wash it and sand really good and use an enamel primer first.
    Since I paint mine every year I just need a light sanding before paint.

17. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I used Zinsser from Menards worked great. It is a paint stripper that worked great on my Western definetely cheaper than having it blasted and then used 2 quarts of rust oleum sunrise red.