1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stripped thread questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Feb 1, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have an E47 with stripped threads where the pump bolts on. I have never used a helicoil and am not sure if that is even an option. Can this be repaired and what is the best way? Thanks.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure they can be Heli-Coiled but if your not familiar with using them I'd recommend having someone do it for you or assist you as there isn't a great amount of casting around those bolt holes and you can break it rather easily if your not careful.
  3. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

if you can drill a straight hole, and can run a tap straight into it...you can install a helicoil.
    when in doubt, practice on a piece of scrap aluminum first to get the feel for it.