1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stripped drain plug

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Henry0016, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

Last week when draining frozen fluid during storm I must have stripped the plug. Tried vise grips but can't get a good bite. Any one have this happen and how to fix? Also is there anyother way to drain fluid? I'm affraid if it freezes again I won't be able to drain it. Any help would be great

2. antanddom

antanddom Member

Funny this happened to me a couple of weeks ago .What I did was weld a bolt to the stripped plug and a wrench took it right off.
    hope i helped
    Tony (Burlington Ma)

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I take out the allen one and use a stainless pipe plug.

In the meantime if its a SEHP take the motor right off the asembly and you can dump or siphon the fluid out, good idea to wipe it out while you are at it as you will see some grime.

If its a Insta-Act just unbolt the resevoir can.

4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I have the same problem with mine.As soon as it gets a bit warmer I am gonna take off the motor and try to suck out most of the bad fluid.

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict