1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stripped drain plug hole

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by muncybob, Dec 2, 2007.

1. muncybob

muncybob Junior Member
    from Pa

I must have really over tightened the Meyer drain plug some time ago because now the hole is stripped and leaking. Can this be tapped?

2. javaman70

javaman70 Junior Member

You should be able to tap it but you have to make sure you have a new plug the size of your tap.

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

threads

they are usually o-ring plugs ,i have seen some guys use engine oil pan repair plugs for this repair ,because they are self threading you still need to flush the tank to get the chip's out .

4. shanta74

shanta74 Member

im not sure on a pump but on drain pans or spark plugs you can sometimes use heli coils

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

thin skin

you do not have enough metal to deal with on a pump drain .

6. muncybob

muncybob Junior Member
    from Pa

Thanks!! To flush it I can use kerosene? Just run some through it with the plug open...then refill with hydro fluid?