1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Striker accessory light???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by procuts0103, Nov 30, 2015.

1. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

So I bought a new striker with out the light kit. No problem I have an LED light. But I cannot hook it up thru the factory harness and use the controller to turn it on and off. Why do I need to spend another 100 bucks to get power to a light and use the controller? Anyone else have this issue?

2. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

not sure why it wouldn't work. I just bought the kit and all it is is a relay that connects to the little black junction box, positive and negative go in there and the wire to turn the light on that goes to the controller is gray wire, which should already be in your box

3. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

If I had a diagram of what wires go where we might be able to figure something out. We played around for 2 hours with a test light and just trying to make a light work. No success so I'm gonna order a light kit...

4. Henry

Henry Member

Any luck with this?

5. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

I bought the kit. All it comes with is a relay. The positive and negative hook to the little junction box in the middle, pop off cover and theres a spot for your positive and negative. Then they have a pig tail that comes out of relay to the spot light. Then the harness gets hooked to the gray wire that comes with the spreader wiring to turn on the spot light. The strobes is basically the same thing except that plugs into the white wire that comes out of spreader harness.

spreaderspotlight.JPG

strobe.jpeg

6. Henry

Henry Member

I bought the strobe kit, mainly for the brackets, and figured I could just make up the relay/fuse holder for a work light. After searching for hours this is the closest I could find http://www.cycleterminal.com/mp280-fuse-box.html. Scroll about half way down for the holder.