1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Timbercrk1, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

I am subcontracting for a guy for a fixed price per hour. Its a good rate for are area. The question I have is. I am gonna be salting now with the same guy. If I am just salting in a light storm not plowing should the hourly rate be cheaper or the same? If cheaper how much cheaper?? Whats realistic? Gotta go put a new salter on the truck! Thinking tornado or salt dogg. Thanks for your help!
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The same. What is your basic duty in either situation? Drive the truck..Whether it's got a plow on it or a sander - your duties are still the same - operating the truck. BUT - you should be adding the cost of material (including markup) to your hourly rate for driving.

What's so "Stressed" about it?