1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

STRESS CRACKs 8.6 EZ-V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by samjr, Mar 29, 2008.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i got this plow a month ago i Sean on both sides abit of weld and ask the guy what it was from he said stress cracks he said fisher is know for it i said OK because he said all fixed now just want to know if any 1 had the same problem with the fisher EZ-V and is or did fisher do anything to help out the ppl that had them i am a bit p*ssed off as of last night i was plowing and yes i hit a man hole and the blade did jump a bit nothing big and now on top part of plow is cracked again

tymusic i well put pics up in a bit

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

samjr

I want to see some pics. I have hit man hole covers hard enough with my EZ V to break off portions of the cutting edge, bent the pin that holds the rear of the angle ram on and scare the crap out of me. but I have not noticed any stress cracks

Lou

3. samjr

samjr Senior Member

it wont let me put up files ???????????? PICS

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sam if you want to email me the pics I'll post them up for you. snowfighters@yahoo.com

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's Sams pics..

05 (Medium).jpg

07 (Medium).jpg

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couple more...

06 (Medium).jpg

08 (Medium).jpg

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Few more..

09 (Medium).jpg

12 (Medium).jpg

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Last two...

13 (Medium).jpg

14 (Medium).jpg

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

If thats normal. Sell it and go buy a Boss plow. And I am Fisher guy all the way.

10. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

your wing is bent thats why. The first pic showes how bad its bent.

11. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Wow that sound you went to fast, sudden hit that thing that plow couldn't trip so it end stay, and bend it.

Hope it fix.

I have meyer plow 7' do not have that crack but it bend so bad that you can see it. It is straight plow but have lot weld bead on bracket and mount.

12. samjr

samjr Senior Member

The crack was there when i got the plow it had weld onit just like the other side but when i hit the man hole this think i shocked it and broke the weld ya think i need to buy new wings well the new xtreme v wings work on this or do i have to use EZ-V i got rip out when buying the plow i guess:cry:

THANKS B&B FOR PUTTING THEM UP CAN I EMAIL U ?

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

V the weld out and weld it again. Then put a plate of some sort on top of it. You could also put a couple of gussets on the upright frame. You can easily fix that, instead of buying new wings. JMO

14. samjr

samjr Senior Member

YA I THINK I MIGHT THANKS FOR THE INFO gussets ?? I KNOW THIS IS DUMB BUT WHATS THAT SO WHEN I TAKE IT TO THE WELD SHOP I CAN TELL THEM THAT :drinkup:

THANKS FOR THE INFO MAN

15. Chevy 2500 hd

Chevy 2500 hd Member

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to help Sam and sure, just shoot me an email if you need anymore answers. :)

17. samjr

samjr Senior Member

how much are new wings any 1 know

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Approx $1100 per side.

19. Farmer J

Farmer J Junior Member
    from Ontario

the wing looks like it is bent, but thats still an odd place for a crack. be sure to check the whole thing over top to bottom in case there is a bigger problem thats hard to see. definitely a fixable break. good luck.

20. Chevy 2500 hd

Chevy 2500 hd Member

Hey sam just take the boat to portland and get my buddys lol christ the boat ride probley cost as much as the plow would