1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Streling Truck- Bullet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bike5200, Feb 9, 2008.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Got a trade magazine today, looking though it came across a article/add on Sterling Trucks'- Bullet. This truck is the about the size of a full-size pick-up from the picture, but comes only in cab-chassie. Went to there web site and looked at specs. Looks like a cross between a Dodge and Ford to me.

GVWR 16,000-19,500
    Only engine Cummins 6.7 L
    2 and 4 wheel drive
    6-speed manual trans
    6-speed auto trans. made by Aisian
    52 gallon fuel tank with a option for a 22 gallon tank. Get another loan before you fill up
    Axle Ratio 4.10 Standard 4.44 & 4.88 options
    PTO prep standard

Anyone seen these trucks or heard about them or is this old news that is new to me.:drinkup::drinkup:

2. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

nice truck basically a dodge, sterling is a subsidiary of dimlar chrsyler
  3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

It is a Dodge they just changed the grille, and I think the tow hooks are bigger. The steering wheel even has the spot for the ram logo.

Kinda old news, I saw one at the MN state fair in August.

Found the blue truck while searching for pics of the sterling :nod:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

good looking truck...they poped up here on PS last summer
  5. LawnServicesInc

LawnServicesInc Junior Member

Does anybody own either one of these? Was wondering if there was any issues since they are a new c/c, really did'nt want to be a Ginny pig but I'm a big dodge fan. Anyone?
  6. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

the trucks are just rebranded versions of the dodge 4500 and 5500. they use the same plow mounts and everything (as far as i have found so far)