1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Street side "Gutters"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Frozen001, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

My parents house has street side gutters (a shallow v about 2 feet wide and about an inch deep in the middle) which collect the run off of water from the road and send it down the street to the collection basin. Well They work great for rain and such, but they are a pain to clean up snow from with a plow. Does anyone have a good way to clean the snow out of them. I hate going out to shovel the thing after I plow.

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

cleaning the gutters?

Maybe I'm not as picky, but why would you want to clean up the gutter at the bottom of the drive? Seems like it would just be a lot of work and a great way to pull up some loose pavement or peel back some grass, or worse yet, have to get out of the truck :eek:

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Well, peeling back the pavement and grass is not a problem, since it does not stick up higher than the gutter. I guess it is because it's my parents house and I/they are picky, that and their mailbox is also at the end of the drive and it could/does leave a slick mess if it is not cleared.

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Plow like normal then drop some salt on it- aside from shoveling I doubt there;s much else you could do if your deturmined to clear it out.