1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strange peices with relay!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by werps, Mar 17, 2006.

1. werps

werps Junior Member

I bought a relay and it came with a nice cable and the relay, couple of bolts, couple of ties,,,,,,Strange thing is there is two strange looking peices in there! They are the same . It is all black, with about a 1' wire that loops around through a black rubber peice that is about 1" long by 2" and 1/2" thick. They will like plug together but what for? Thanks, Tom

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are they diodes? The older model vee blades has diodes in the system, that look a lot like your distribution. Was this a Snoway factory part? If so tell me the part numbers and I'll check to see for sure. If you want to check, see if they flow current both directions or just one>

3. werps

werps Junior Member

part picture

It is a Snoway part. I picked it up from a dealer that closed and he had a few extra parts. The relay had looked different but I figured it was just newer as my plow is 10 years old. I hope the relay works with my plow. Anyway this was in the bag, take a look: http://homepage.mac.com/werps/Snowwaypart

4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Those are end caps for the new style power connection

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They're protective plugs for the power cable on the new SMO1 pump. Thats not a relay it's a 150 amp circuit breaker they come in a bag along with a power cable and the hardware to hold it down. I had one in my hand this morning.

6. werps

werps Junior Member

Thanks All! Ya, I guess I meant breaker. Thanks , Tom