1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strange noise 2004 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Trails End Lawn, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Trails End Lawn

Trails End Lawn Junior Member

i had my plow on the other day because it was supposed to snow... and didnt. But while i was driving accross town the truck would heat up i tried angling the plow different but still did the same thing. once i got off the interstate it cooled down. My real question is the truck made a hissing noise like it was blowing off steam.. i have no idea what this might be its loud enough i can hear it while im driving. It wasent leaking radiator fluid or any fluid. Any thoughts?

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Is this a gas or a diesel?

3. Trails End Lawn

Trails End Lawn Junior Member

6.0 gasser crewcab

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Trail..........I notice on my 01 and 04 6.0 Chevys the air cond. compressor would "hiss" at times. Esp. when I would shut it off after driving it, even if I didn't use the AC it would "hiss" from time to time...............geo :drinkup:

5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Good point as it runs by default in defrost and you can sometimes hear expansion valve blow off when compressor kicks out.