1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strange issue with new f250 and wideout.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Fatality, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Hoping someone can chime in with some insite. I have a 2014 f250 with a 1 year old wideout plow. Worked great last storm. This week we have had sub zero temps.

Went to use the plow and when driving down the road moving the plow all my interior lights, guages, and controller for plow will shut off.

It doesn't seem to shut off when standing still. Only driving down the road and using plow at same time will it cause the outage.

Guages will come back on about 3 seconds later. Tested battery and is fine. Positive and ground wires at battery are tight. Truck has 12k miles with plow prep and bigger alternator.

I have the controller fused to the radio faceplate. The radio is the only thing that stays on when everything shuts off. I'll try and switch the fuse to another 10amp fuse.

Any other ideas? I know a few others with new fords have had similar issues.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

this is the 5th or more thread on this since dec, 3rd one alone today

I don't have a answer, its a fuke thing. It happens at top of stroke when raising
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  3. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

It happens when moving side to side, up down, and wings
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't matter.Ford/Chevy/ Dodge,What is happening the are putting smaller batteries in the tuck and just can;t handle the extra stain on it. Most of the time after the tuck warms up and fluid gets hot things will calm down. Just pick up the biggest battery that will fit.
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

There is a factory accessory blunt cut wire, I think left side under dash, not sure of color.
    White / blue tracer. If you can find it connect to it, thats what it is there for.