1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strange happenings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Waterchikn, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Hi all, I did do a search, but the only thing that I could find were all the "other" problems with meyer pumps!:eek:
    I have an E-60 pump, its in good shape, new fluid, no aparent leaks. But every now and then the thing just lets the blade down. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. I left the blade in the up position all night one time just to see if it would stay, and it did. I don't get it. I know someone has had this problem before or knows what the cause is. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to put the E-47 back on, its too slow and the drop speed isn't adjustable. Thanx again!
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i had this problem with my fisher. it would automatically drop the blade sometimes. i brought it back to the dealer and he found metal shavings in the fluid and solenoid. they installed it, so they had to fix it:D
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2002
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

With a Meyer pump it would sound like a problem with the a-valve. This is the valve with the black wire on the coil. It sounds like sometimes it may be sticking open. This could be due to dirty fluid or a dirty valve.

Drain the fluid. Remove the a valve and soak in kerosene. Flush the pump with kerosene and then refill and test. This should solve the problem.
  4. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

how do you adjust the drop speed on the e60? My plow takes 10 years to drop and it;s driving me nuts.
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Adjustment is possible by turning a small allen keyed set screw in the valve body. Your directions that came with the plow should point out the adjustment screww and how to do it.