1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strange glitch with Pistol grip

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dlcs, Jan 28, 2010.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I have noticed something strange with my meyer pistol grip controller. What makes all the lights flash on the controller? I noticed that it only does this when I open the door and get out of the truck, to do something and leave the controller on, with the truck running. When i get back in the truck all the lights will be flashing and to correct this, all i do is push the power button and everything is fine again. This only happens when the temps drop under 20 degrees or its really windy. Seems like the controller gets really cold when the door of the truck opens and causes this. Anyone else notice this happening? been like this for two seasons or since new.

2. EHPTUCOMA

EHPTUCOMA Junior Member

I would contact the dealer

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Ok, this is really bugging the hell out of me. I checked everything over including the wiring and still can't find a problem, its alomost like the controller looses power and then gets it back real quick. But it doesn't happen when its being used. I know this is wrong but i have it wired into the side fuse box and its connected to a constant on circuit, I believe its called Accessory 2 circuit. I always make sure i shut the power off on the controller, when its not in use. I couldn't find a keyed circuit to connect to when I installed the plow. Could this be my problem?

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I can't get it to do this when I take it to the dealer. I don't have a decent dealer near me.

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Please help me B&B!:help:

6. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The pistol grip controller will do that when it looses power when it is on. Shut off your truck with the controller on and when you restart your truck you will see the same blinking.

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I got it wired into on constant on circuit.