1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strange beeping now.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselboy01, Jan 31, 2014.

1. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I started the truck today and after running for 30 sec there was a beeping coming from under the dash, sounds just like a back up alarm. It would be four long beeps, like beeeeep beeeeep beeeeep beeeeep, pause, pause, beeeep beeeeep beeeeep etc. After about 2 min of this it stops.

I've never heard this tone before, the trucks never done this in the 3 years I've owned it.

Any ideas?

Also the CEL came on last week but it's always done that when its -25 outside. After a few days in the teens and twenties the light goes off.

But as of right now the CEL is still on.

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Does it sound like the door chime or is it something else?

3. dieselboy01

It's something else, I've never heard the truck make this noise before.

And the truck is a '00 F-250 Super Duty.

4. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

I know exactly what it is. It means that a light bulb on your dash went out. It happened to me when the airbag light on my dash went out.

5. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Any idea how to get it to stop? Other than tearing the dash apart to find a burned out bulb that is. Our 99 does the same thing, about drives a person to insanity. I think the guys that usually run it just turn up the radio...

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

blown out bulb for the air bag circuit in the dash. the only way to make it stop is replace the bulb.

7. dieselboy01

Funny you say this, the air bag light has been on from the day I bought it, now it's off. This must be it then!

Anyway to cut out the beeper?

8. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

same here I bought my truck 4 years ago and the airbag light had been on the whole time. The second the bulb blew out it started beeping. Ive just lived with it. As I dont feel like ripping apart the dash to replace a 1 dollar bulb.

9. dieselboy01

I don't know if I can live with it. It's 2 min of torcher every time I start the truck. This dash just might come apart in spring....

10. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

if you do end up taking it apart do you think you could post some pictures because ive tried to look for videos on how to do it and cant find any?

11. tjctransport

remove the dash bezel. remove the 6 or 8 torx screws holding the dash cluster in, unplug the 2 plugs on the back of the cluster.
    the bulbs should be visible after you pull the cluster out. if not, then you remove the torx screws holding the faceplate on to access the bulbs.

12. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

does the dash bezel just pop off?

13. tjctransport

yup. you need to remove the radio before you pop the bash bezel off, and there are a few electrical plugs to pop off too.

14. dieselboy01

Thanks for all the advice tjctransport! This will be a spring project and I will try and take some pics.

GVL LLC If you do yours first post some pics!

15. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

ok I will. If i can get a day that gets into the 50's before spring then ill probably do it that day and ill take pictures.