1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straightning a Bent Snow Pusher

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by slowpoke14, Oct 3, 2014.

1. slowpoke14

slowpoke14 Junior Member
    from canada

I just tore apart my Horst 3200 Snow Wing to get it ready for winter and found that it had quite a bow to it along the bottom edge. I tried to flatten it out with a loader but that was no help.

Does anyone know a good way to straighten it out, or if it's even worth the trouble. I'm thinking of just welding in some braces as it is and running it bent.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'd just run it. As long as it still pivots, run it
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

10 ton air jack in the middle and heavy duty chain to the sides. DO NOT STAND ANYWHERE NEAR IT in case the chain lets go. Better than a pot of coffee too....
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They're very hard I straighten as we have tried. As long as they still trip like said above just run it the way it is. One of our 12ft pushers caught a curb and and was basically a write off. We dropped it off at Horst and they fixed the blade and painted it for $800. They are great to deal with.
  5. slowpoke14

slowpoke14 Junior Member
    from canada

It still trips just fine so maybe I'll just brace it so it can't bend any more. I hate to do it that way but I'm nowhere near Horst, and local welding shops always want two months and a million dollars to do anything so I don't even try them anymore.