1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straight to Vee question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cameo89, Dec 15, 2013.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have a 2005 Boss straight and might be trading for a newer Boss vxt with newer style lights, will my harness still Work? I know I have to swap controller. I believe it's the same only change is from rt 2 to rt 3

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Is your harness 11 pin or 13 pin? 13 works on everything

3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Mine is rt3 so 13 my old rt2 was 11 just wasn't sure if the newer lights needed anything different such as more relays or anything. Thanks

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

As long as you have the 13 pin harness you can run anything.

5. alldayrj

Count the pins in the plug. Rt2 and rt3 are the mounts, irrelevant. I had an rt3 with 11 pin on my old truck

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Its not hard to convert to 13 if needed

7. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Just looked mine is 13 pin

8. alldayrj

Good to go bro. Boss rules

9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Ya they do... But guy backed out of the deal... But found someone else with a 9'2'' but trying to trade that to a buddy that has a 8'2'' and a 2500 chevy, 8'2'' is pushing it for my half ton chevy, but with 2500 lb bags I should be good