1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straight to V questions.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bowtie_guy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I know people have done the swap. From the reading I've done the wiring is the same, just need a new controller. I'm guessing the head gear is all different though with the pump and blade mounting correct?

Got the plow last winter and am thinking about upgrading since I feel a v could improve productivity. payup

Thanks

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

swap

different blade and controller and you got er done

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You will love the V.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The straights and V completely interchange on the Boss's as long as it's the same mount series (RT2 RT3)..thats the beauty of them, swap controllers and hitch it up and your ready to go.

5. doh

doh Senior Member

Wow I did not realize that, so the harness is the same then? How about Western?Never mind I have figured it out, I only have a 9 pin truck harness, the plow is 12 pin though.

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i dont mean to jack this thread but will a Boss V controller work on a Boss straight blade???

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Actually they will...just have to know which buttons to press for the angle.

But keep it a secret. ;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008