1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straight plow vs v plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Normskiboy, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Normskiboy

Normskiboy Junior Member

I have plowed with a straight blade. Is a v blade that much better? In northern Ohio I see a lot of Western v blade, not so many Meyers V Blades. Is there a problem with Meyers?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Usually plows are regional, and MOST guys are brand loyal from birth.
    Also depends upon what dealers are in your area.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, and no. Search this subject. It's been discussed on here a thousand times.
  4. Yankee

Yankee Junior Member

A straight blade is fine for me 99% of the time, but that other 1% I wish I had a truck that could handle a V. I use fisher (built 20 minutes from my house, so yes brand loyalty) and the price is 700.00 difference. Short money over the course of a season. I do mostly driveways, but a lot of guys who do big lots love it in scoop. It really does a cleaner job and saves time.
  5. Normskiboy

Normskiboy Junior Member

Thanks for the info
  6. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

A V can be a straight plow but a straight plow can never be a V -(unless you wrap it around a tree or pole going really fast).
    And yes speaking from experience I will never go back to a straight blade.

Each brand has pro's and con's the most important being which dealer is near you and open during storms for the just in case factor.