1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straight Plow VS. V Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PGHplowguy, Oct 11, 2010.

1. PGHplowguy

PGHplowguy Senior Member

Hey,

I have 3 trucks and they all are equipped with straight plows. I have never used a V plow before. My questions are; How are the V plows better or worse to use in both large lots and tight small bank lots? Are they more efficient? Do they brake easily and are expensive to fix? Also, any other opinions on the matter. Thanks for the help all.

2. Mad Plow

Mad Plow Junior Member
    from alaska

Straight blade with wideouts for large lots, V Plows for tight lots.

3. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

V plow with wings for both, unbeatable snow carrying capacity and great for moving snow to "few" locations. Wide open lots, same size v plow to straigth blade, your not going to save much time as your going to windrow with both, where the v saves is complicated lots and carrying snow.

4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

V will always be faster, hands down. Only thing that can match it is a Power Plow or Speedwing plow.

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Well dice you have 3 trucks, make a huge vee , drive realy close to one of your trucks and that'll be like a 16' vee plow, just don't hit each other. Oh btw one guy angles left and on guy angles right.