1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straight plow to V?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by IA Farmer, Jan 5, 2010.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I have a 2009 Chevy with an 8' Straight plow and have a buddy that has a 2003 Chevy with an 8'6'' V plow both are Ultramounts, we are wanting to switch plows, what wires will we have to change or buy to make this work?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as you're both running Isolation module style systems simply swap control harness's and you're good to go.

3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

i was told by my dealer that I needed a different frame on my truck when I was looking to get an MVP. The truck in question is an 07 GMC 2500HD NBS. They also made it seem like I needed to re-wire everything. Is this not true?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The truck mounts are no different between a straight and a vee. Appears the dealer was attempting to sell you something you don't need.

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I know that as long as your going from the same style plow Unimount to Unimount or Ultramount to Ultramount, you wouldn't need a new truck side mount but wireing is what I am unsure on. Hopefully someone will shed some light on this.

6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

My straight plow is a 3 plug unit and his V plow is a 2 plug unit how does that work or transfer over?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So his vee is an MVP Plus then? If so, then you'll also need his plow power cables too. Otherwise you're still good.