1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straight or Angled when driving???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mackman, Jan 26, 2013.

Straight or Angled

1. Angled

60 vote(s)
  2. Straight

33 vote(s)
  1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Me and a buddy of mine were fighting about something. Wanted to get everyone's input on here. Its kinda dumb but just want to see how other people roll.

If you are driving down the road. Going from job to job, etc. Do you leave the plow straight or do you keep it angled??

I always keep my angled. He leaves his straight. But he said if he had a 9ft plow he would angled it. But since its a 8ft he keeps it straight.

If i had a 7foot plow i would still angle it. Maybe its just me.

So what do you do??
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I leave mine in v.
  3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have a 9 straight blade, and I run it down the road straight- but angle it to the right when a car is coming...then back after..otherwise it will hit the asphalt now and then...our roads are horrific.

I used to angle it to the left....but now go to the right because the other way, if you should set over too far, you get sucked right into the bank by the plow...usually not a pretty scene. Angled to the right, I bounce right off the banks.,,,and cars get WAY over when they see the plow angled out towards the center of the road.
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

My V, I keep in V. My straight blades are angled to the right. I tell others to drive with them angled also. Lets the truck get some air flow and allows for a little room when driving.
  5. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

angled as well.
  6. clydebusa

clydebusa Member

Angle as well, so radiator can get some air and maybe reduce drag a little.
  7. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

Right as stated above all ways
  8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I drive with mine in a V
  9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Is not illegal to have a 9' blade straight in NH?

Keep mine in V.
  10. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

I keep mine in V mode.
  11. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Always angled left, creating the high side on the right, kicking all the road spray/slush/salt off the driver side, keeping my side of the windshield clean.
  12. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

mine is v. when i had a straight i ran it left.
  13. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I keep my 8' straight when driving. some times I will angle it to the the drivers side if Im on a narrow road and another car is coming.
  14. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

It's actually just a matter of preferance. Guys use a lot of reasons why they do what they do. For work I drive 2 different tucks one with a 9 foot blade and 1 with an 11 foot blade, when travling I carry them both straight. NEVER left. they can kick salt and snow off the road and throw it on passing vehicles, and when your the passing vehicle it makes you want to get out and choke the crap out of the moron you just passed. trust me been there done that.
  15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Angled left. Makes tight turns in town easier. And if the blade suddenly dropped I would rather get sucked off the road instead of into oncoming traffic.
  16. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Angled left. If oncoming traffic crowds me, they bounce off and stay in their lane. If the blade is angled right and you get hit, it pulls the oncoming vehicle across in front of you.
  17. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Angled right.
  18. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Straight angle it will drag on the road and block one plow light
    Why I run a Vplow
  19. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I Like it straight But sometimes I angle it slightly On tight roads.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  20. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

When I had a straight I kept it sraight, now a V in the V - sometimes a little straight so when I hit a large dip the corners don't hit the pavement.