1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

straight blade wiring vs. V blade wiring

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by weckel5984, Nov 15, 2011.

1. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

I have a f350 that currently has a boss 8' straight blade. eventually i would like to get a v and have the other as a backup. is there different wiring since one v's? can i just leave it as it is or will i have to double wire it? thanks in advance.
  2. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

All you need to do is change out the controller
  3. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

ok thats what i was hoping. thank you
  4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Same wiring!!

Different controllers, the V controller will make a straight blade function, but, not the otherway around.

They have a 11 pin wiring set up (very old now) and a 13 pin wiring, I am assuming you have the 13 pin as most do now. If you go to the truck side plug from the harness and open the cap, you can count the pins and you shoule see 13 of them.

Some older harnesses in 13 pin don't have a 5th relay, they only have 4. both will work fine, if you have 5 you have a dual burn wiring harness, so when you turn on your bright selector in the truck you will get Low and High beams at the same time on the plow, If you only count 4 relays...........go get the 5th one and add it!!!!!!:salute: