1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

straight blade to vee

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by peteo1, Jan 1, 2014.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I decided today that I'm about done with my straight blade and want a vee. I have a friend who would sell me his vee plow. Now I have a 4 port Iso in my truck and according to how I read the fisher e-match I should be able to plug into his vee and go as long as I have a vee control. Is it really that simple? Little more info....

My truck: 03 ram 2500 4 port iso hb5 lights
    If I left anything out let me know and I'll be sure to post more. I've been out plowing for way too long and I'm not thinking as clear as I should. Time for a nap :sleeping: Thanks in advance

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You just have to change control harness. As long as his is the same amount of plugs at the grille as yours

3. peteo1

Yes they are both three plug. Are you meaning the control harness for the fishstick? Sorry, wiring isn't my strong suit and I want to be absolutely sure

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Of the three plugs at the front, one is headlight 11 pin, one is main power 2 pin, and the other needs to be a 7 pin control harness plug with 7 wires. If your plug only has three pins with three wires used than that harness will need to be changed to a 7 pin.
    Also, a V control harness has a round ten pin cab side control connector. They make an adapter that you would need to plug in if you ever wanted to run a straight blade again. (Along with needing a straight blade controller).

5. peteo1

So I am going to need a 7 pin harness and a vee controller harness and a control. OK I think I've got it. Thank you guys, I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be able to make this swap and get some pix up soon

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Umm... No. You just need a 7 pin harness and a v blade control. A 7pin IS a v blade harness. It is everything you need. Just add a controller.

7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

8. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

He needs the round connector for the control harness too it doesn't come with it. You can't just plug the wires in to the controller they will short out from touching each other.

I think it depends on which vee you upgrade to as well. I put an MVP on one truck that was a 10 pin. The MVP plus took a square 6 pin

9. peteo1

Lol oh I love it! I'm so bad with wiring. Shouldn't I be able to take the 7 pin harness from the other trucks wiring and swap that with the 3 pin harness from my truck? I offered him my plow+$$ for the vee. If not no big deal, I'll just buy a harness

10. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Yes do that. I'm sorry. I didn't notice that the particular harness I posted didn't come with the round connector.
    The OP had mentioned V blade and HE IS in the Fisher Forum so I "assumed" HE was looking for a 7pin ezv harness, not a ten pin blah blah blah...

11. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Hey no worries I was just pointing it out. I went through this with a western. I had no idea it didnt come with the stupid connector and had to chase one down

12. peteo1

You guys have been a big help. Thanks againThumbs UpThumbs Up:salute:

13. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I just thought I'd point out that the control harnesses for the Fisher EZ-V or a Western MVP, are the same and completely interchangeable, as the pumps and controls are the same on both plows. The confusion between the ten pin vs. seven pin is coming from the fact that the harness is ten wires at the controller end (Which fit into the plastic housing that has 14 holes... Lol), and seven wires at the grill connector. Three of the wires from the controller end go to the battery relay under the hood. The part number is a 26346, and they do refer to it as a seven pin. Anyway, same harness, Western or Fisher, ten wires in the cab, seven at the grill... Hope that clears it up a bit.

BTW... the part number for the 14 hole round plastic connector is 56497

14. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Damn, that was epic! Thanks for the clarification!
    I just sold my ez v harness myself and I remember counting the pins on both ends And now that explanation makes sense!!