1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

straight blade to a VXT wiring

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plowzilla, Feb 9, 2011.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Has or does anybody know if you need a new wiring harness to switch from a rt3 straight blade to a VXT? I am assuming the truck mounts are the same. Thank you

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Sholud be good. Just need a new controller. As long as you have the 13pin wiring.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nope you will be fine. Just get a controller to run the vee and you'll be all set. Heck if you got a vee and still had a straight blade you could keep just the vee controller to run both plows. One of the very nice things about boss.

4. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Mine was originally set up w/ a straight blade, like the others mentioned, I only changed out the controller.

5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Can the straight blade controller be used as a backup with the V plow-( and v plow just acts like a stright blade-no v or scoop)?

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The up and down would work, and I am oretty sure you'd only get left and right out of it. Never tried it before though.

7. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I guess if it got out of straight mode do to a overpressure condition on one side it might never get straight again without the v controller.