1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

straight blade problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Mar 7, 2007.

1. i have a the rt3 smarthitch 2 and right now it is on the truck but when i hold the down button on my controller to take the plow off the tower will now move when i flick the switch dont know if maybe its a fuse on the plow harness that might be out or what. when i unplug the plow from the truck and hit the buttons on controller everyone makes a click noise but the down button.

2. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

it your ground between the truck and your plow.wiggle the plow around put it down than it should work

3. tryed it but still not working could it maybe the the relays when i go to put it in every position the sylinod makes a click noise but when i put it in the down

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the cover off the pump and check the wire connections on the back of the smart hitch switch and the wires that go from the SH switch and the valve coils.The solenoid your hearing is the under hood solenoid that controls the pump motor. It is supposed to "click" in all function positions EXCEPT DOWN, as the plow motor doesn't need to operate in the down function.