1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straight blade on v plow hydraulics?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by durafish, Oct 23, 2013.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Have a fisher mm1 2 plug insta act ezv plow, The blade is really rotted and straight blades are cheap and easy to come by. So could i hook a straight blade and A frame to the headgear and use the v plow hydraulics and use a straight blade controller, so the pump isnt getting v and scoop signals? Might be the stupidest question but may work???
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. durafish

from 02919

anybody else to confirm GV answer?
  4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Maybe he was just confirming it was the stupidest question ;)

I wouldn't think that would work without at least rewiring the pump, but not sure its worth the $ to go through that to be honest. Have you priced out what it would cost to reskin, or are the supports junk too?
  5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I remember years ago we had mm1 straight and vee blades. The trucks that were wired with the vee blades could run the straight blades with no problems. I don't think we ever swapped controllers either. So to answer your question, yes.
  6. durafish

from 02919

I changed my mind and just patching the plow. And Peteo1 you didn't answer my question.