1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

straight blade on my ez v fish stick doesn t work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by easye, Nov 28, 2011.

1. easye

easye Junior Member
    from mi

i have the fish stick hnd held control on my ezv and the locked straight bladeoptions arnt working was wondering if anyone knew what caused this if its an easy fix or not all the other controls work fine each wing individually work perfect just not the left right blade tilt :confused: havent had a chance to really tear into it but hoping someone can point me in the right direction?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the bottom cover from the pump unit to access the S5 coil/valve assembly. Oftentimes you'll find the issue right away as the wires are famous for corroding off right at the coil due to water laying inside the cover. However if it looks ok next check the S5 coil for magnetism while a helper angles the plow left and right being very very careful working around the blade during movement. If it has mag then the valve is stuck thus remove clean/stroke/replace the valve.

However if there's no mag, first check the black/orange wire at the coil for battery voltage with the ignition and controller turned on. If it's ok you'll then need to begin back tracking the blue/orange wire through the control harness (checking it for ground) to see where it's losing the signal from the controller. The grill plug is often the cause of lack of functions so go over it carefully as you move back to the controller plug. If there's still nothing even right at the controller plug then the controller itself is faulty or there's a pin backed out of the plug.

3. easye

easye Junior Member
    from mi

ok heres a little more on the plow its an ez vee 3 plug and the truck is a isolation modual with the 3 plug. now i have everything working still except for the left right straight blade option. now that being said the pluw came with the new fish stick with the 9 button key6 pad instead of the 6 button with mode options. would this have anything to do it the straigh options not working. i know you said check for magnatism but im not getting any and i checked all the solenoids they all have power to both wires on them? no ground eveything works perfect im lost on this one.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't matter whether it's a 6 or 9 button controller, either one will work.

If both coil wires on all coils show battery voltage I'm not convinced your test was accurate because it isn't possible with most of the control functions working. Physically remove the wires on the S5 coil and check them individually. The blue/orange should show ground with an angle function pressed. If it doesn't then there's a problem in the control harness (grill plug usually) or the controller is faulty.

Is this a new or previous install?

5. easye

easye Junior Member
    from mi

its a previously installed plow thats why im having such a hard time with the wiring it was manufactured in 12/99 was the tag date i can use it as is but itd just be nice every once in a while to only have to push one button