1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

straight blade controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Greenscape USA, Jan 5, 2010.

1. just picked up a 7.6 and it has the smart controller where double click down in float at double click up goes up all the way. but i also have another controller that is just press and hold down for float. the smart controller has some sort of delay when moving side to side and the older one is very responsive. what would cause a controller to be slow? i tried it with an 8ft blade and it did the same thing, so i know its in the controller. any ideas? any ways to fix this?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's working as intended. You've discovered the differences between the older and the newer Smart Touch controllers. They slowed the angle function command down a little since the hydros are "too fast" for "some" customers. :rolleyes:

3. oh man. that kind of sucks. is there any way to change this? or should i just buy a new controller if i want it faster? at times the controller gets to the point where i have to hit the angle, stop, wait for it to move, then go again and it gets pretty annoying haha

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Switching to the joystick controller would help your issues. :D

5. tried that, didnt like it at all hahah