1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Straight blade and V-Plow RT2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JT Contracting, Mar 2, 2007.

1. JT Contracting

JT Contracting Junior Member

I currently run a RT2 8-2 V-Plow for all of my commercial accounts and I recently moved to subdivision with about 3-4 miles of road and driveways and the home owners association is asking if I would plow. I along with most snowplow drivers do not adhere to the 10mph speed limit so when I am trying to wing snow to one side or the other with the vee plow the hinge section acts as a deflector straight up, I have the rubber belting(deflectors) on the plow as well but to no help. So my question is if I get a 8ft straight blade with RT2 mount will everything else line up and work with my v-plow controls? I could slow down doing long straight runs but I don't have the patience and with a little more speed you can throw the snow into the ditches rather than piling on the shoulder.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hello, The chances of you finding a plow like that are slim but you could find one if you looked hard enough. I have seen guys run a chain on each side of the plow from the top of the mold board to about the middle of the plow. That way the chain will go from over top of the deflector and keep it down so the wind and what not doesn't push the deflector up and let the snow come up over top of plow and onto the truck. Does that make sence? It would work if you found one but then you have to drive back to the shop and switch out the plows and then drive back out to the jobsite. To me its not worth it. I run a rt3 vee and the only time I have a problem with the snow coming over the top of the plow is when we get alot of powder. I also have a snow deflector on the plow as well. Hope this helps.

3. JT Contracting

JT Contracting Junior Member

Thanks for the chain idea. I have a couple of leads on straight blades, I just need to know if everything will match up and if my v-plow controller will control a straight blade?