1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storm's coming get ur bread, milk,and snowplow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 94gt331, Nov 27, 2013.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I just got my new plow installed at the local dealer today. We got our first snow early this season and the local boss dealer was overwhealmed with plow work and installs. It was funny because everyone around here waits till the last minute to get there stuff ready. I dropped my truck off 3 days ago and they finished today and apologized because it took so long but they did great I thought because I made no appointment with them. They actually thanked me saying I was good to work for beacause I didn't nag them like everyother guy dropping off there plows on a snow day and wanting them done asap. The guy there told me us contractors on a snow day need to go To the store to get our milk, bread, and snowplow and I thought that was kindof funny.

2. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

What kind of plow did you get?

3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Always wait till the last minute, every year I say I'm going to prepair early..

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I put mine on for the first time this season about 15 minutes before I left to plow the one account who wanted it. But, it's a Fisher. I knew it would work.

5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

7. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Good used boss 8ft angle blade.

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Around here, they wait until the snow is coming down in massive amounts, then they freak out and go prepare for armegeddon... Its a rush to the grocery store while I'm trying to plow, drive in front of you while you are plowing (and park there), or walk across behind you while you are backing up... that's right people, the strobes and beep beep beep mean its safe to cross 10' behind a truck with minimal rear visibility... oi...

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All you guys up there need is a couple of 2-4's and couple of packs of Exports and your ready to go.

10. derekbroerse

Yeah, but unfortunately unlike you yanks, we can't get beer in a grocery store!! lol

11. grandview

But you do have a beer store on every corner!:drinkup:

12. derekbroerse

Actually, there is only about 3 within a half hour of here. Lots of wineries around here though. A few liquor stores...

13. grandview

Niagara on the Lake ice wine.

14. derekbroerse

Got a few homemade bottles waiting.... for what I don't know... I don't really drink, but that stuff is like dessert! :D