1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storm Watch

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mxrdrvr3, Feb 25, 2002.

1. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 Junior Member

Hi guys,

Its 45degrees here in the burbs of Detroit at 932 a.m. and is expected to reach 54 by early afternoon.(this is feb. not late may)

The temp is expected to drop rapidly from there and start raining over night truning to snow around dawn and heavy snow across south east michgan all day tommorow bringing 8 or more inches of snow.....

This is great but the timing is really going to suck for the rush hours and we should expect many customer complaints because of the timing and the lack of snow we had all year so everyone thinks they should be first on the list:mad: oh well...lol

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck and good days of plowing and hopefully no equipment breakdowns:D

Also I hope the snow storm reaches all the rest of you guys
    too :D

GOOD LUCK

2. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green Junior Member

Im getting everything ready today. Looks like winters back!
    I bought gave up on snow so I started adding on to my drivway.
    Laid 400sq.ft. of pavers just finished it yesterday in the nick of time.
    I know everyone of my residential customers will be calling me tommorro "when are you going to do mine" is what Ill be hearing all day.
    My plan is to keep my truck on the commercial lots thru the day clearing run ways and getting as much salt down as possible.
    Then starting my resi. rout in the evening and into the night. as
    to have all the drives done before people have to leave for work
    on Wed. morning.
    Lets hope everything goes smoothly for me and everyone else
    out there plowing Good Luck.:D

Steve@S&S Heavenly Green Lawns:D

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Im jealous:( . as much as i wish we would get at least one more storm, im kinda looking forward to hopping on the mowers again. it either has to snow, or warm up, cause im getting bored.

4. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

silly ohio weather!

it is 54 degrees here in akron, ohio right now. suppose to get muc colder by wednesday with snow.

saying goes: you dont like the weather in ohio? stick around a day or two. it will change.

5. Andy Morche'

Andy Morche' Junior Member

good luck guys. I am guessing it is gonna be another nasty heavy push, if we get anything at all.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2002
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

havent seen weather recently, this just a northern storm? no where near delaware im guessing? i put my snow stuff away and have already mowed a lawn, did a spring clean up, and a landscape job!!!

7. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

It may be exciting since it will be the first time for some and first in a while for others.

Bottom line: Be Careful.

Here's wishing good running and no breakdowns to all. Oh yeah and the forecasters to have it right this time.

Bruce

8. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

OK, I may sound a bit cynical here....................

.........................but today while taking a lunch break outside on a +10 Celcius or so February day, local radio station "Talk 95" (actually "Rock 95" but they seem to do more talking than anything...............) used the words "winter storm watch".

My response? "HAH!"

I think they recycled a weather forecast from last month....................and they didn't do too well getting it right then either. :mad:

9. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I dont think this will be heavy snow for us. They are calling for 8-12 inches, and then lake effect kicking in the rest of the week. The lows are predicted around zero, and highs around 20. Lots of blowing and drifting .

Should be a great money maker! Lots of pushes over and over and over again for the commercial ! $$$$$:cool:

10. Redhat

Redhat Junior Member

Ready to go!!! Truck filled,Blower filled and loaded,Blade on.Can't believe it was almost 60 degrees today and we will be pushing snow all day Tues and Wed.I LOVE IT!!!!!.Be safe out there everbody.Had a couple NO payes from last month.Boy will they be upset when they can't get out of there driveway.No Pay-No Play
    Good luck to all

11. Big Todd

Big Todd Senior Member

Already a few stray flakes around here. The bulk of it is supposed to hit tomorow durring the day. This has just been one of those winters where every time we are supposed to get snow, we're all chafin' at the bit to get at it... I remember winters where if it snowed this time of year it was all you could do to drag your butt into the truck to go plow again.

I think i'll mount up the plow, make a run up to the store and stock up on pop and smokes, watch some TV, take the dog for a walk and try to get a little sleep. Yup, sounds like a plan.

My wife and I were discussing possible arrangements for getting our daughter to pre-school tomorow if I'm out plowing. My daughter (who is 3 1/2 turns to me and says, "that's ok daddy, I'll just go plowing with you." Makes the old heart just melt doesn't it?

LOL guys, hope this storm spreads out and gives everyone some...

12. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like I may end up with anywhere from 0" of snow, up to 8" starting after midnight tonight.... I should be in bed.

13. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

They keep downgrading this storm.

They said it is tracking another 50-100miles south so that takes the heaviest snow farther away from here.

Right now in my area they have 0-2" by morning then another 1-2 during the day on Tuesday.

They said the lake effect would be mainly over the lake. (North wind)

Oh well I will happily plow 2" of snow.:D

14. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

6:40 am, +4 Celcius and raining.............."winter storm watch" HAH! :mad: ............

15. Plowguy99

Plowguy99 Junior Member

First it was 2-6" overnight. Then 1-4". On the news last night at 11:00 it was only 1-2". I had everything ready to go and got up at 3:30 only to find....no snow. Now at 8:00 there is a whopping 1/2" on the ground. Oh well, at least the ground is white!

Good luck to everyone that does have to move snow today!

16. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Our local news says less than an inch today and less than an inch tonight.

Hope they are wrong to my good side.

Bruce "Praying For Snow" Barger

17. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 Junior Member

:eek: I was wondering what if we were all wrong at doing our jobs like the weaterman if we would still be employed:confused:

my area was supposed to get 5-10 we have about 3 on the grass and well the rest is just wet roads........lmao oh well win some loose some I just seem to loose more than win;)

18. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

mxrdrvr3

YOU would be FIRED :D And so would I :D

19. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

they are still calling for 3-10" in nw ohio as of 7am, like Rob said

<font size="10">HA!</font>
    so far just a dusting

I have a little over 2 tons of salt left, should be enough, I'll post some plowing pics if we get anything.~NaTe

20. Sno

Sno Senior Member

We got 3" of our 4-8" of blowing cold snow just west of you Nate... Now its all melting...... Did get to plow some slush though.

Supposed to snow all day here today..... Its 12:30 PM and a few flurries that melt in the slush is all we are getting......

Still a winter weather advisory though according to THE WEATHER CHANNEL. (The experts on world weather) :rolleyes:

Sno

www.snomaintenance.com

Bryan, Ohio