1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

storm up date

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vipereng2, Dec 3, 2005.

1. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

ct is in for a stormy week nat. weather service is tracking 3 storms for the east coast.
    ons small one on sat night/ sun morning 1 to 3 inches.
    2nd storm coluld come late monday night into tue. snow all day up to 8 inches.
    and for the end of the week their watching for a developing storm to track up the east coast . lets hope so we need it

2. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

NOW THEIR saying 2 /4 for ct just bring it

3. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

okay new update A SNOW ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR MOST OF CT EXCEPT 5-10 MILES AWAY FROM THE SHORE. EXPECT 2-4 INCHES TO FALL BETWEEN MID MORNING TO AROUND NOON SUNDAY. STAY TUNED TO YOUR LOCAL WEATHER NETWORKS FOR MORE UPDATES

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We have 2-4 inches in the forecast tonight for Ohio too.
    I just finished putting on 2 new springs,cutting edge,king bolt and tightened up all the bolts on the plow. I put it on the truck, started it up and the fan clutch just took a dump!!!!! Time for more new parts!!!

5. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Im calling all my customers right now letting them I will be there either way for sanding or plowing. Need the money for the holidays lol.

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Expecting 1-3" tonight, up to 12" possible for me on mon/tues. Plows are on and will be on until at least wednesday. Its about time, cant wait to get out.

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Aww man I hope you didn't jinx that storm away. I find that whenever my plow isn't on thats when it snows. lol j/k

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

there calling for 3 to 5 now in CT.
    I have the truck all set to go for Sunday and the blackberry to check the weather on the road.
    Stay safe out there and make a nice line for tuesday run.

9. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Where did you hear 3-5?

10. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

The plow's been on since Thanksgiving. I'm ready for whatever snow comes my way.

11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Here it comes..... We got 2 inches on Thursday, about 1 inch last night and it's snowing right now....3 inches are on the ground and its near whiteout conditions still...they say total 5-6 total storm accumulation.....:drinkup: :drinkup:

12. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

get ready CT boys its gonna be a long long sunday hopefully be done for the pats game

13. daninline

daninline Senior Member

From the weather reports I have been checking out.

Also for the Mon and Tues storm the storm still has to work out what it wants to do as this storm may change the track and there has been some talk of it taking a more west track and if that happens we could see a very big storm on our hands.

and now the Friday storm.

Xmas has come early :drinkup:

14. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

What are the websites im trying figure out how many trucks im gonna need to send out.

15. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

You noticed that too, huh??? lol.

If you dont want snow, just put the plows on. Sometimes it seems that way!

Id wait until morning or until it sticks but id rather have the trucks in the garage and warm when I head out.

16. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Nbc 30 said 2 to 5 tonight at 11. he said he doesnt expect much of a changeover anymore and thats why some areas may see 5 inches. Looks like my chances of catching the Giants game are pretty slim.

Storm for Tuesday could still be a big one NWS is just saying possibly 6+ but stay tuned.

17. drplow

drplow Senior Member

2-4 south of buffalo. its coming down now, only half an inch so far.

18. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Here it is they werent lying this time. Got about an inch and ahalf here in southeastern CT. And they are saying the shoreline can get more of the snow for monday night and tuesdays storm. BRING IT

19. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Looks like about a half inch here although i havnt measured. With just some sand the roads arent too bad.It looks like its not gonna last to long. I think it might be tough to even hit two inches unless we get a heavy burst.

20. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

1/2" at 9.30a.m. on the North Shore. Light snow.