1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storm tomorrow. NEED HELP QUICK

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mackengr, Feb 16, 2007.

1. mackengr

mackengr Junior Member

Forecasted 2-4" starting around 3 am with 1 inch before 8am. Between 8am and 5pm another 2-3". I have commercial properties and am wondering if I should pre salt due to the storm lasting all day? Or should I just wait out the storm and then start plowing when the accumulation reaches 2"? Should I pre-treat sidewalks before storm? The trigger is 2" for plowing and anything under is salt. The properties I have are highly traveled on weekends. My customers never complain about the salting invoices in the past, but this is my first plow. I just don't want to salt, plow and salt if it is not warranted.

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

I think with the temps tomorrow there will be no need for salt but it might help to break up the rest of the ice we got when you do plow. My .02 worth