1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Storm puts extra $$ in plower's pockets"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjasonbr, Dec 20, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Storm puts extra $$ in plower's pockets
    Storm gives financial boost to some residents

This article is rediculous. EXTRA MONEY!??!?! It's the first event of the season!! I'm not even close to breaking even yet!!!!! It no more a "financial boost" to me as it is for someone who wakes up and goes to the office! :gunsfiring:

"EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) - This winter storm isn't an inconvenience for everyone. Some residents welcome this weather because its money in their pockets.".......
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The storm is ALOT better then sitting at home and making NO money.
  3. Jeff_eac

Jeff_eac Junior Member

It's funny how everybody thinks you make a fortune when a snow storm hits your area. Yes it's nice to get the trucks out, as opposed to in the shed, but they just don't realize how much it costs for equipment, fuel, drivers, upkeep and YES Insurance. It's not like the hourly rate all profit.
  4. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I have one customer that commented on how rich I must be getting every time I saw her last year to plow. I knew when I showed up to do spring cleanup in a new (used but new to me) truck she would feel vindicated....until I explained that the new truck was a result of the old one dying from the hard winter! So much for getting rich!!

RODHALL Senior Member

they are right.... Every storm puts extra money into your pocket.

Some make more then others, some say they will not work without a contract....