1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storm photos from here....

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Dogplow Dodge, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

2015's first couple of events, "Here" in NJ.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

3. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

4. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

5. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

6. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

7. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

I hate gravel lots and driveways.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like you had fun in the snow, knock any gravestones down yet? lol you believe in Zombies dog?

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't seen any storm like that here.

10. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Nice clean lots, some of them look like black swimming pools. Good work.

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would of brought the loader in myself:)

12. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Not yet..

That one area between the building is I think 10' from the corner of the meeting house to the headstone from 1800 (never measured it). My blade is 8'-6" and when I go through there, I'm doing 0 MPH. Before I leave, I take my snow blower, and all the snow that was pushed up against the headstone gets snow blown away, so that the next time I'm there, I don't push new snow up against old snow, causing any damage to the headstone. Works so far.

Haven't knocked any headstones over that anyone knows about....:angel:

here's a pic I took back in 2014. I'll take a pic that's more recent next time I'm up there.

[​IMG]

When you do, you can post your pictures of your "here" here, as the original "snow pictures thread" moved to higher ground...:waving:

Thanks....

Our weather patterns cause the snow to melt between dumpings, and for the most part, the areas become clear again. I don't do salting or sanding or any other types of meltdown, as I leave that up to the customer. It substantially decreases my liability, as the owners of the property are held responsible for maintaining a safe surface once I push the snow out of the way. I'm sure to "notify" them of slippery surfaces after each event.

I thought you always kept that in your pants ... or so you say ?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Get a V plow and you won't have to use the blower, it'd be a time and back saver.Thumbs Up

Good to see you finally got out.

14. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Did a "Freebie" today.

My wife just started a new job with a small mom and pop insurance agency. The owner has been SUPER nice to her, as she has been paying my wife extra time when she's not actually there. For example, wife had Tuesday and Wednesday off this week because of the storm. Her boss paid her the full week. Granted her boss only has my wife part time, right now, but she told my wife that she would make my wife full time once the other lady leaves on her 40th anniversary of being there. All the ladies who are there have been there for at least 40 years. No men in the office (go figure, eh?)

This is her bosses deceased husband's home. When he passed away, she moved into the smaller home they rented, and this one has been on the market since. Can't sell it, but it's pretty nice. 2.5 acres of property, pool, 2 car garage, basket ball court, etc. Not my style, but still pretty good.

Never been there before today, so the lawn got chewed up a bit.... No snow plowing done before me, so that last storm stuck to the driveway, and I couldn't scrape it up...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You realize you've started something and you're going to end up plowing it all the time from now on. You should buy the place, you're MIL can move in and build a big pimping shop on the property to hide from her.Thumbs Up

16. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Well, if I had $550,000 I might think about it. Unfortunately, what I would do to the property would cost me another $100k. The pool would get filled, the backyard turned back into a yard, and a nice big.... big-um workshop outside where the BB court is.

Here's the listing. Can't say very much about the decorum inside, but otherwise.....

http://www.trulia.com/property/3095309919-4001-Squankum-Allenwood-Allenwood-NJ-08720

I'd have to buy a ride on lawnmower as well :(

Exactly 8 minutes to her job.....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  17. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

nice house Not 550k nice tho

18. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

No workee on my old ride. The front axle is only rated for 4400 lbs. V-plow needs a 5600 lb front axle, from what I understand. I'd have to switch to an F350....but then I'd have to convert it to a Fummins....Thumbs Up

Yeah.... good to get out.... finally. I might almost be close enough to break even with my S&F insurance.

19. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

That's what I thought. I'd prefer a much smaller house, bigger land, and not a big freaking pool in the backyard I'd have to fill in with dirt....

:laughing:

I definitely need more seclusion, and this house is on a very popular cut through street.

On the bright side, there's a old ramcharger with a meyer plow across the street I wouldn't mind having....

20. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

That's not too bad assuming it's in a high rent district.

You have a Dana 60, through a set of progressive rate springs up front and do a V. The reality is your truck will handle it just fine as is.