1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storm moving in, can't sleep

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BushHogBoy, Feb 9, 2010.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

i've been in bed since 10 pm and its now 1 am... I can't even get sleepy... Happens every time a storm is coming I cannot sleep for anything... a dusting is down at the moment, they are callin for 5-8"... We got 4-5" Friday night. I sold my 8.5' Meyer 3-4 weeks ago, well Friday I pulled an all nighter puttin a 8' Western on my truck.... I'm a sub, figured on gettin another plow for next winter but I think i'm addicted to plowing, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :dizzy: :dizzy:

Getting hungry guess i'll go round up a snack and get a couple things together maybe watch a little TV, then i'll head out early and fill up the truck and check a couple places on the far SW section of our routes as thats where the storm's coming from and one of our highest priority places is...

I know this storm is pretty large and (hopefully) will affect quite a few of us.

Good luck be safe happy plowing!!! wesportpayup

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

don't you love the anticipation, have a great plow event

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Haha yea i do.... thanks man!!!! you too, if your gettin any payup

4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Until the last couple of years, i was never able to sleep before a storm. I was always jacked up to get at it! In other words, it took me almost 20 years to relax enough to sleep before a storm. Its a way better experience heading into a storm well rested, find a way to sleep!

5. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

suck some nquill down and call it an evening.....

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Big Bowl of Soup, 2 Perfect Toasted Sandwiches, 2 Beer to wash it down, 1 for the couch,
    Fireplace, Drink the last one and set the alarm and watch tv. YAWN!

Wake up part way... peak out the window. hit the bed.

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

yep thats what works best for me :nod:

8. JohnDeere2320

JohnDeere2320 Member

Just like a kid on Christmas eve. Have fun! S***! I better get out there for round 2!

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I get like that ,but only if we're going to be getting more then 2 feet at one time,other than that night,night.

10. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i guy i work for doesnt sleep when we get snow!

11. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

That's my problem right now. :eek:

12. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

i know what u mean
    i wish i could get some lots to clear
    14 inch storm really blowing tonight
    but for the accounts i got now i need 4 inch or more to make the bank in this so far crappy season
    4am go back at her

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  13. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I was like that when I did resi's back in the day, simply because I hated doing them! I find if u eat junk food like Doritos, it calms the anxiety. LOL

I do commercial & condo complexes only, & its easy coasting! :)

14. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Ok so i finally got to sleep at 2 am, only to wake up at 3:30 and i finally just got up and at it then... fired up truck came inside ate a hot pocket, got bundled up, got in truck, went to gas station filled up messed around a little and dropped blade on first job at 4:20 am, Tuesday morning. Got to take a couple short breaks here and there but never got home for more than 10 minutes at a time until yesterday afternoon around 4pm. Stayed up a couple hours to make it through dinner and was working on timesheets and passed out LOL

15. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

good job, and a good night

16. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

same thing happens to me because i absolutely love snow and whenever there is a prediction of a big storm like we had a wekk or so ago i never can sleep because i stay up like all night watching the snow fall

17. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

after a few big storms through the season you can end up sleeping. atleast thats how it is for me