1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storm in SD

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 4x4Farmer, Dec 18, 2006.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Whats up with that! It could never snow in North Dakota, It always goes to the Northern part of the state, or to the south!!!! I hate it. I see almost all of SD is in a winter storm watch, with snow amounts up to 6 inches on wed.
    Im going to go crawl in a hole, Im starting to get pretty crabby latly!!!!
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The local weather guesser said, S.D. could get upto a foot of snow from this storm.
  3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

last year at this time we had more snow then we knew what to do with. I guess we just got spoiled last year, so it seems extreamly bad this year. They just said on the weather we might not get anything out of this storm, or if we do it will be very little.
  4. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The NWS watch indicates 1/4" of freezing rain, then in up to 5 to 7" of snow. The ice part is no fun. If it does happen, powerlines will take it in the shorts.

I am excited about the snow though.

Sno farmer - I like your weather guesser. Hope he is right. KELO thinks everything south of I-90 has the best bet for this. I am 30 miles north of the Intersate.
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

4x4 havent you already plowed? At least you guys have a shot at snow. Its never gonna snow over here with temps in the 50s and 60s!
    At least you dont hafta mow your lawn again or cut your perennials back again lol
  6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

we had your 50 60's Over the weekend here IN DM,IA and it will be nothing butthe upper 30' and 40's when the storm rolls threw if I could plow rain pudles I would be a millionaire the past 3 years Minn, Mo, Neb,wis, ILL have been getting it all around us got to love it I think I live in florida!!!

I'm done who wants to by a 8" boss and 1875 snowex spreader can take this crap anymore
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  7. RJ lindblom

Right now central South Dakota is getting some snow. Looks like the next 3 days they are forecasting it. Was planning on leaving town this weekend to the annual family gathering. Will have to wait and see.
  8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

We got 2 inches yesterday morning, so we pushed all last night and this morning. Now they just issued a winter storm warning, for tonight through monday, with total snow of 5-12". We'll see what happens. Im sure it will be a bunch of rain!
  9. RJ lindblom

Yeah we are under a storm warning right now. It a nice snow. Yesterday was 2" was wet and heavy. A nice snow. Today it is fluffy and still falling.
  10. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

yeah, same here, yesterdays 2" was wet and heavy, it was snowing here eirlier, and then it turned to rain for awhile but now it stopped. Its suppose to start up tonight I guess
  11. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

rained all day! Im not a happy man today!!!!! 40 miles to the west they got 5 inches already and all we saw was rain! now they have knocked it back to maybe 1-3 inches by tommrow night! What a bunch of bull sht, and they call this a winter storm! What happened to the good old days!
  12. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

while you guys are talking about 6" of snow, I took a walk in the yard today--------there are buds on the lilac and blueberry bushes.

My grass is still green, and only today was there even a slight hint of frost on the ground.

Sure we could get some winter, but the longer this goes on, the more I'm planning on spring already.
  13. MnM

MnM Senior Member

shut up over there at least you got to push something this year
  14. RJ lindblom

6" total. 50 Miles north of me there was 13" 40 miles to the west of me maybe an inch.